Information about the Y Nationally and around the World
- The Y is a leading nonprofit organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children committed to bringing about lasting personal and social change. With a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support neighbors, the Y enables youth, adults, families and communities to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
- In the U.S., the Y is comprised of YMCA of the USA, a national resource office, and 2,700 YMCAs with approximately 20,000 fulltime staff and 600,000 volunteers in 10,000 communities across the country.
- The Y engages 9 million youth and 13 million adults each year in the U.S.
- Worldwide, the Y serves more than 45 million people in 119 countries. Ys across the U.S. play an integral role in strengthening the leadership and youth programs of the Y around the world.
- Members, staff and volunteers of the Y include men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life.
- The Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, according to the unique needs of the communities it engages.
- The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.
- The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Below you’ll find copies of YMCA of Greater Dayton’s IRS Form 990 and our most recent Annual Report. Form 990 is an annual return that certain federally tax-exempt organizations must file with the IRS. It provides information on mission, programs and finances.