At the YMCA, the health and safety of our participants, staff and families is our number one priority. We continue to monitor the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation in conjunction with local and federal health authorities. The YMCA is prepared to protect all those we serve through appropriate control measures.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
In our ongoing effort to prevent the spread of illness within our facilities, we want to share what we are doing in our programs and buildings.
- Our team has updated our cleaning procedures to ensure they meet or exceed CDC guidelines.
- Hard surfaces such as doors, counters, and fitness equipment will be wiped down with a high-grade disinfectant and multi-purpose cleaner every 30 minutes.
- We continue to adjust our services to limit person-to-person contamination.
- Signs have been placed at the entrances of our facilities asking ill members/participants to return home.
- We have increased the availability of hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray bottles for our members use.
- Access to our facilities has been restricted for non-members.
- We have closed off portions of our facilities to promote a safer environment.
- Social Distancing is being practiced by closing down every other cardio machine in our Wellness Centers.
- Drinking fountains have been covered to further limit the potential for contamination.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You can help by partnering with us to stop the spread of coronavirus, the flu, and other human contact illnesses by...
- COVER: Cough into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue that is immediately thrown away.
- CLEAN: Frequently wash/disinfect your hands and wipe down fitness equipment.
- CONTAIN: Stay home when you are sick and limit touching your face.
Class & Program Modifications
Effective March 17, 2020
All YMCA Branch Health and Wellness Operations – CLOSED
Effective immediately all YMCA Branch Operations are CLOSED due to the Ohio Governor's orders. This includes all YMCA fitness facilities and programs such as fitness, youth sport, competitive gymnastics and swim teams, adult sports, Move2Lose, etc. Please check our website schedules and mobile app for the most up to date information.
YMCA Early Learning Centers and School Age Child Care – CLOSED
At this time all YMCA Early Learning Centers and School Age Child Care Programs will continue to operate. Child Care programs are operating within our Branch Facilities.
Pandemic Child Care Centers – OPEN
Effective Thursday, March 26th, our Pandemic Child Care Centers are open and available to serve only health care workers and staff that are considered to be essential to the community, as mandated by the State of Ohio.
Guest Passes – SUSPENDED
Until further notice, we will not accept or issue guest passes. Thank you for your interest in the Y. Please check back in a few weeks.
Pro-Rated Program Fee Credits for Cancelled YMCA Programs
The decision to cancel any YMCA program is difficult because we truly value your participation with us. Unfortunately, in an effort to support our community during this growing health crisis, we had to make that decision. As we know, things WILL get back to normal and we will be offering a pro-rated credit toward future programming. We cannot thank you enough for your patience and understanding as we navigate this difficult situation.
To learn more about COVID-19, please visit: