Premier Health YMCA
Responsible for maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas, and for providing a safe and smooth-running daily operation of the outdoor pool.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
· Trains, schedules, and monitors staff; defers all written discipline or worse to the Program Director.
· Maintains inventory on all supplies for pool
· Administers the inclement weather policy
· Assists Director in program, participant, and facility evaluations.
· Maintains constant observation of the pool area.
· Ensures safety by communicating and enforcing any pool rules, policies, and guidelines at participants’ comprehension level.
· Ensures safety by checking for hazardous conditions and making sure all safety equipment is properly placed and in proper working condition.
· Follows all aquatics employee rules, dress code, policies, and guidelines.
· Maintains and records accurate records including pool chemical readings, first aid kit supplies, and pool equipment.
· Adds chemicals to pool if necessary.
· Maintains a clean environment that meets all state and local licensing requirements by following and recording proper cleaning procedures.
· Inspects pool and rescue equipment for safety hazards, damage, or wear.
· Sets up and stores equipment and assists other employees with event set up.
· Practices rescue and fitness drills regularly.
· Promotes aquatics and other YMCA programs.
· Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
· Communicates any suggestions to improve the pool facility.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Certification requirements include CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and must hold current YMCA Lifeguard certification (or hold a valid American Safety and Health (ASHI) Lifeguard certification and attend YMCA Crossover with 90 days of employment).
· Minimum of six months or more of related lifesaving experience preferred.
· Must have an understanding of pool systems, procedures, and guidelines.
· Must have excellent lifesaving skills and the ability to perform all lifesaving actions in accordance with training and guidelines to perform a satisfactory rescue.