*This position will work with a variety of groups and meals. We serve all meals Buffett sytle. We will have meals for kids, family reunions, weddings, corporate groups, school groups, and more. *
Responsible for preparing, serving food, and clean up for meals and special events in YMCA Camp Kern’s food service operation under the leadership of the Camp Kern Kitchen Coordinators.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Functions as a general, all-around cook for meals and special events.
- Implements menus, which are developed with each type of group and budget in mind.
- Implements a quality control program that provides all groups with the highest quality of meal service within given cost constraints.
- Assists in food preparation, service and clean up.
- Assists in the entire health and safety of the food service operation.
- Monitors supplies and notifies supervisor when supplies are low.
- Helps unload and store supplies.
- Hand washes pots and pans according to Health Department Guidelines.
- Washes and stores dishes according to Health Department Guidelines.
- Assists in all aspects of kitchen and dining hall cleanliness, including storage areas and refrigeration units.
- Assists in recycling program of the facility.
- May be required to drive a Camp vehicle to serve food at other Camp Kern buildings and properties.
- Assists participants with any special dietary needs or requests.
- Provides exemplary service to all participants in the facility and respond to their needs in a timely and polite manner.
- Works cooperatively with all program staff, directors, vendors and guests to best meet the needs of all staff and participants.
- Constantly assists with attaining the entire facility’s goals of cleanliness and excellent first impression.
- Provides outstanding food quality and service to our guests.
- Assists in all aspects of safety in food service areas.
- Inspects equipment within food service areas for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Increases guest awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- Communicates to Kitchen Operations Director and/or Food Service Coordinator any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Must be over 16 years old
- Must possess the desire to work in a camp kitchen.
- Those over 18:
- Must be able to use kitchen equipment safely and according to manufacturer’s requirements, along with the ability to assess the condition of food.
- May be required to hold a valid driver’s license and must be insurable through the YMCA of Greater Dayton liability insurance provider.