Workplus+ Student Teacher/Internship
Miamisburg, Springboro, West Carrollton, Germantown, Eaton, OH
Assists in for the planning, development and implementation of all classrooms activities. The Workplus+ Student Teacher is responsible for ensuring the children’s social, physical, spiritual and mental development in the program, as well as keeping safety and the wellbeing of the children as a first priority.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Plans, develops and implements weekly lesson plans that fit the children’s needs, interests and developmental levels in the classroom.
- Works cooperatively with Lead Teacher, Site Administrator, other staff and partners.
- Documents attendance, absenteeism, transitions, minor disciplines and incidents for each child in the classroom.
- Is responsible for all aspects of the appearance and management of their classroom/designated program/outside areas. Maintains the quality of supplies, materials, and equipment in the room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Reports any broken or unsafe toys and properly disinfects toys and equipment on a regular basis in accordance with the state regulations.
- Conducts the program in accordance with Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) guidelines.
- Effectively communicates verbal and written reports to the parents, and conducts parent/teacher conferences in accordance with Center guidelines.
- Possesses working knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws and follows proper reporting procedures.
- Handles discipline promptly and in accordance with the stated discipline policy. Documents and reports to the supervisor any special needs or problems of an individual child, staff or parent.
- Monitors and assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the child care and program area.
- Maintains appropriate adult/child ratio.
- Fills in other classrooms when needed.
- Attends parent events/family programs.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, staff activities and ongoing trainings.
- Attends in-service training events as required by Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) regulations, continued professional development through community involvement, reading and/or further education.
- Remains familiar with National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), or the National After School Association (NAA) accreditation requirements, and completes required documentation in accordance with Center requirements.
- Conducts all required screenings and assessments within required time frame.
- Maintains appropriate records for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) program.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Possesses the ability and appropriate safe driving record to drive a vehicle, safely transporting up to 14 children.
- Required to work summer months/Day Camp.
- Protects confidential information regarding program participants, families and staff members.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess high school diploma or GED. Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university required.
- Must be able to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or equivalent as determined by the YMCA Childcare Branch.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current.
- Two years experience working in early childhood field strongly preferred.