Day Camp Site Coordinator
New Bremen, OH
Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all activities. Also responsible for ensuring the children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental development in the program, as well as keeping safety and the wellbeing of the children as a first priority.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED certificate required. Associates degree in Early Childhood Education or related field from an accredited college or university and/or a Child Development Associate’s certificate (CDA) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of working with children demonstrating the ability to motivate and supervise staff. Planning and program development skills are helpful.
- One or more years of related childcare or summer day camp experience strongly preferred.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable drivers record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors, and suppliers, etc.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Assists in the planning, designing, evaluation and implementation of all aspects of the day camp programs in accordance with YMCA of the USA and YMCA of Greater Dayton guidelines.
- Operates program within budget guidelines.
- Responsible for all aspects of program development, quality, and safety.
- Maintains required enrollment numbers.
- Administers the program in accordance with Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) and ACA guidelines.
- Cooperates with ODJFS and ACA staff for required reports and inspections; responds to inspection requests within required timeframes.
- Completes annual inspections within required timeframe with fire department, Department of Health, etc. as required.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment and meets all state and local licensing requirements.
- Inspects equipment within the building for safety hazards, damage, or wear.
- Possesses working knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws and follow proper reporting procedures including confidentiality regarding children and families participating in camp.
- Communicates any suggestions to direct supervisor to improve the site operations.
- Monitors and assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the program area.
- Monitors trains and evaluates appropriate staff.
- Ensures staff members maintain required trainings.
- Holds effective staff meetings.
- Maintains accurate records for childcare programs, facility, and staff.
- Establishes procedures for scheduling and finding substitutes.
- Works with groups of day campers when absetism of staff requires it.
- Communicates to Child Care/Program Director any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Builds relationships with members, program participants and community partners.
- Remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Increases program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- Actively recruits, trains, and engages groups of volunteers.
- Participates on program task teams and childcare committees of the Association.
- Maintains appropriate records for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) program.
- Supervises staff to ensure proper completion of CACFP paperwork.
- Promotes programs by development and distribution of marketing materials in compliance with Association standards.
- Possesses the ability and appropriate safe driving record to drive a vehicle, safely transporting up to 14 children.
- Protects confidential information regarding program participants, families and staff members.