Enrichment Instructor - Art
$10.25- $12.30/ Hour
*This position is for Days/Evenings after school, one-two Days/nights per week teaching basic Art skills to preschool and school age children. One-two classes per day*
Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all classrooms activities.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Plans, develops, and implements weekly lesson plans that fit the children’s needs, interests, and developmental levels.
- Documents attendance, absenteeism, transitions, minor disciplines, and incidents for each child in the classroom.
- Is responsible for all aspects of the appearance and management of their classroom/designated program/outside areas. Maintains the quality of supplies, materials, and equipment in the room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Effectively communicates verbal (and written if necessary) reports to the parents
- Possesses working knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws and follows proper reporting procedures.
- Handles discipline promptly and in accordance with the stated discipline policy. Documents and reports to the supervisor any special needs or problems of an individual child, staff, or parent.
- Monitors and assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the program area.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the program and facilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or GED required.
- Teaching experience required. One-year experience instructing youth and adults in field of concentration.