Association Services Office
Responsible for providing excellent accounting support to the finance department and Association. Serves as the primary backup for payroll and accounts payable processes in support to all branches and staff of the YMCA of Greater Dayton.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides general accounting assistance to the Controller and (as needed) the VP of Finance.
- Assists with Daxko Accounting and Operations systems, including:
- Assists with PNC Credit Card Accounts.
- Assists with bank reconciliations.
- Assists with fixed assets accounting.
- Assists with lease accounting.
- Processes A/P Positive Pay file transfers to PNC Bank for check runs
- Assists in Audit preparation.
- Provides backup coverage of the payroll function to maintain readiness including the following: Enters timesheets, if necessary, and assists branches with questions regarding timeclock entries/adjustments; Assists Payroll Specialist with training branch Payroll Coordinators on Paycor software and payroll processing; Works with child support enforcement and other agencies for proper handling of wage garnishments.
- Processes and reconciles Employee Annual Campaign Payroll Deductions.
- Provides bi-weekly payroll reports to Branch Executive Directors.
- Processes payroll journal entries.
- Performs quarterly payroll related processing.
- Assists with orientations and trainings for Association staff members such as Payroll Coordinator meetings.
- Provides backup coverage of the accounts payable function.
- Provides support to the Accounts Payable Specialist and Payroll Specialist as needed.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates office policy, procedures, and changes to all staff.
- High school diploma or GED required with a 2-year college degree or applicable experience. A 4-year degree (Accounting and/or related business field) is preferred.
- Two to four years of administrative experience including accounting, payroll, accounts payable, along with their systems, and general office management required. Knowledge of related laws and regulations.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, HRIS system experience preferred, along with ability to learn internal YMCA software.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable drivers record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors, and suppliers, etc.