Grand Lake Health/Premier Health South YMCA
Provide assistance in leadership, support and coordination of gymnastics programming within the guidelines of the YMCA. Responsible for providing quality instructional training / coaching to program participants.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
· Assists in the development and promotion of programs in compliance with association standards.
· Assists in the supervision and leadership of staff and volunteers including but not limited to scheduling, leading meetings, motivating, training, and evaluating of performance.
· Provides back-up and support to the program as needed in the absence of the director.
· Keep control of behavior of gymnasts at all times, and if necessary, communicate behavioral issues to supervisor.
· Assist in overseeing that all scheduled practices are on time and run effectively
· Communicates with parents and guardians as needed.
· Attend competitions and other gymnastic events as needed to support the team and coach participants.
· Ensure safety by communicating and enforcing any gymnastics center rules, policies and guidelines at participants’ comprehension level.
· Communicate effectively to both children and their parents / guardians.
· Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
· Must be able to meet the physical and emotional demands of the job including spotting, demonstration, proper setting of equipment, etc.
· Must be able to use the correct spotting techniques to ensure the safety of all participants.
· Teach and follow the appropriate gymnastics lesson plan by using progressions and stations.
· Maintain a clean and safe environment. Removing any hazardous obstacles and reporting unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor.
· Provide an emotionally secure environment for participants.
· Have the aptitude and attitude for coaching all ages and levels of gymnastics ability.
· Give excellent coaching instructions.
· Exercises regularly to maintain fitness level (strength and endurance).
· Inspects equipment safety hazards, damage or wear.
· Promotes other YMCA programs.
· Recruits new participants.
· Creates an atmosphere that is based on fair play and incorporates it in a manner that is both demonstrative and professional.
· Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up. Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have a high school diploma
· Minimum of 3 years competitive gymnastics experience required.
· Minimum of 3 years competitive instruction required
· One year of supervisory experience strongly preferred.
· Knowledge gymnastics skills and progressions must be demonstrated.
· Proven track record building strong relationships with individuals, fostering engagement and commitment, while building community within a group.
· Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.