Responsible for providing quality instructional training / coaching to program participants.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Always keep control of behavior of gymnasts, and if necessary, communicate behavioral issues to supervisor.
- Adhere and be on time to all scheduled practices.
- Ensure safety by communicating and enforcing any gymnastics center rules, policies and guidelines at participants’ comprehension level.
- Communicate effectively to both children and their parents / guardians.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Must be able to meet the physical and emotional demands of the job including spotting, demonstration, proper setting of equipment, etc.
- Must be able to use the correct spotting techniques to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Teach and follow the appropriate gymnastics lesson plan by using progressions and stations.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment. Removing any hazardous obstacles and reporting unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor.
- Provide an emotionally secure environment for participants.
- Have the aptitude and attitude for coaching all ages and levels of gymnastics ability.
- Give excellent coaching instructions.
- Exercises regularly to maintain fitness level (strength and endurance).
- Inspects equipment safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Promotes other YMCA programs.
- Recruits new participants.
- Creates an atmosphere that is based on fair play and incorporates it in a manner that is both demonstrative and professional.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up. Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Minimum of 6 months gymnastics experience required.
- Previous competitive experience and instruction preferred.
- Knowledge of basic gymnastics skills and progressions must be demonstrated.