Preble County YMCA
MUST HAVE WEEKEND AND EVENING AVAILABILITY
Responsible for providing excellent instruction, motivation, and support to YMCA members and program participants in the fitness center and wellness areas.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides proactive support to members and program participants in the Fitness Center.
- Remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Increases member and program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- Communicates and enforces any wellness center rules at participants’ comprehension level.
- Conducts tours of wellness areas to prospective members/program participants as needed.
- Promotes wellness and other YMCA programs.
- Responsible for all aspects of safety in wellness program areas.
- Inspects equipment within Fitness Center for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the programs within the wellness area.
- Maintains cleanliness of Fitness Center through routine cleaning schedule.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A 2-year college degree in Physical Education/Exercise Science/related field or applicable experience is preferred.
- Certifications which are helpful include Personal Training and Group Exercise Instructor.
- A high level of interest in the fitness field.
- Minimum of six months fitness class participation or fitness class assistant experience and a high level of interest in the fitness field.