*This shift starts at 4:30am*
Responsible for providing excellent instruction, motivation, and support to YMCA members and program participants in the fitness center and wellness areas.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides proactive support to members and program participants in the Fitness Center.
- Remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Increases member and program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- Communicates and enforces any wellness center rules at participants’ comprehension level.
- Conducts tours of wellness areas to prospective members/program participants as needed.
- Promotes wellness and other YMCA programs.
- Responsible for all aspects of safety in wellness program areas.
- Inspects equipment within Fitness Center for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the programs within the wellness area.
- Maintains cleanliness of Fitness Center through routine cleaning schedule.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A 2-year college degree in Physical Education/Exercise Science/related field or applicable experience is preferred.
- Certifications which are helpful include Personal Training and Group Exercise Instructor.
- A high level of interest in the fitness field.
- Minimum of six months fitness class participation or fitness class assistant experience and a high level of interest in the fitness field.