Group Exercise Instructor - Kid's Yoga
$15.00 - $20.00/Hour
Responsible providing excellent and safe instruction, motivation, and support to YMCA members and program participants in group exercise programs, and for the cleanliness and general upkeep of the group exercise area(s).
- Leads fitness and/or related classes following YMCA standards and guidelines.
- Communicates and enforces any wellness center rules at participants’ comprehension level.
- Trains participants in a manner that is both demonstrative and professional.
- Watches and corrects participants when exercising in an unsafe manner.
- Promotes wellness and other YMCA programs.
- Arrives 10 to 15 minutes prior to class starting in order to start assigned duties.
- Sets up and takes down class equipment
- Begins and ends every class on time.
- Takes attendance of class each time class is held.
- Ensures participants are registered appropriately.
- Educates members and program participants on appropriate and comfortable attire for group exercise classes.
- Teaches entire session of classes. Finds subs for sickness or vacations. Is willing to help sub for others.
- Develops positive relationships with members and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Increases member and program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- High school diploma or GED required. 18 years of age or older.
- A 2-year college degree in Physical Education/Exercise Science/related field or applicable experience is preferred.
- Certifications which are helpful include Personal Training and Group Exercise Instructor.
- Minimum of six months class participation experience or fitness class assistant and a high level of interest in the fitness field.