Move 2 Trainer
Responsible providing excellent and safe instruction, motivation, and support to program participants.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Prepares personalized programs in accordance with YMCA guidelines
- Provides positive and regular feedback to participants
- Directs questions requiring additional expertise or attention to supervisor
- Directs participants to other YMCA classes, programs, and activities
- Finds substitutes according to set procedures
- Maintains a clean, safe, and sanitary environment.
- Communicates and enforces any wellness center rules at participants’ comprehension level.
- Trains participants in a manner that is both demonstrative and professional.
- Watches and corrects participants when exercising in an unsafe manner.
- Educates members on appropriate and comfortable attire for exercising.
- Develops positive relationships with members and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Exercises regularly to maintain fitness level (strength and endurance).
- Exemplifies a healthy lifestyle
- Inspects all equipment used for safety hazards, damage, or wear.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the programs within the wellness area.
- Maintains all current fitness and CPR certifications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A 2-year college degree in Physical Education/Exercise Science/related field or applicable experience is preferred.
- Certifications which are helpful include Personal Training and Group Exercise Instructor. Need to be certified by a nationally recognized certification agency, as approved by the YMCA of Greater Dayton.
- Minimum of six months or more of related fitness experience required and a high level of interest in the fitness field.
- Must be able to meet the physical and emotional demands of this position.