Responsible for performing landscaping work around the at the Coffman YMCA including cutting grass, filling mulch, & pulling weeds.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Operates vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors.
- Mows or edges lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Uses hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Cares for established lawns by mulching, weeding, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Assists in monitoring pertinent equipment and supplies.
- Follows appropriate safety guidelines.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current.
- 6 months or more of related mowing and landscaping experience required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.