Y at the Heights
Huber Heights, OH
*Weekend and Evening shifts needed. *
Responsible for supervising the building during evening and weekend hours, when Program Staff are not available. The Building Supervisor will be proactive in disciplinary measures as needed, act appropriately and quickly should an emergency arise, and solve problems as necessary.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Ensures correct and proper procedures are being followed by all staff on duty
- Checks that staff members are in their correct locations
- Takes the lead in emergency situations
- Offers information to members as needed
- Informs program staff of problems arising in their areas
- Calls for subs for areas that are not staffed
- Follows appropriate safety guidelines.
- Proactively solves problems.
- Conducts tours of the facility for prospective members and guests.
- Guides new members to their desired activities and areas
- Remains knowledgeable of member information and programs.
- Performs light maintenance duties, if necessary.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up
- Is familiar with member information as outlined in the new member handbook.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year or more of related customer service experience required; two years or more of supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer skills are required as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.