Membership Service Coordinator
*Position days/hours: 12p - 8p Monday through Friday.*
Responsible for providing excellent services to YMCA members and other individuals and for providing leadership to the Member Services Desk.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Oversees Member Service Desk staff through scheduling, training and coaching.
- Oversees Member Service Desk Operations through:
- Organizing the Member Service Desk processes and systems.
- Processing of membership sales, changes, cancellations and all other member transactions, program registration, and other activities that occur at the Member Service Desk.
- Ensuring communication between Program Directors and other branch staff with the Member Service Desk staff.
- Remaining knowledgeable of member information and programs.
- Ensuring excellent phone service.
- Provides excellent member service and trains others in these services.
- Serves as scheduled staff coverage at the Member Services Desk.
- Conducts tours of the facility for prospective members and guests.
- Remains accountable for all monetary transactions on shift and appropriate reconciliation of these transactions.
- Builds relationships with members.
- Performs routine copying and filing.
- Is familiar with member information as outlined in the new member handbook.
- Proactively solves problems.
- Follows appropriate safety guidelines.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve member services.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A 2-year degree or applicable experience is preferred.
- One year or more of related customer service experience required; two years or more of supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer skills are required as well as strong supervision skills.