Seasonal Employment May 19th - August 2nd
*Room and Board provided during summer camping season as this position is required to live on site. Must be 18 years of age or older *
Assist in the planning and implementation of digital media for summer camp programming and uploading of guest pictures while adhering to YMCA standards. Oversee the management of the canteen inventory, sales, and cleanliness.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Maintain and edit Camp Kern summer program information including but not limited to social media communications, taking pictures of programming, uploading pictures, etc.
- Understand and adhere to all YMCA policies regarding picture taking of guests with a strong understanding of who has opted out of photographic and video images.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of uploads to various digital communication platforms.
- Sell items from the camp store to summer participants and their families.
- Organize camp store merchandise and work on maintaining inventory as needed
- Maintain a clean environment in the Camp Canteen.
- Develops and/or oversees the development of videos, digital marketing collateral, etc. Works with the association management staff, branch management staff, and outside resources to produce high quality communications and pictures.
- Communicates with the YMCA of Greater Dayton Marketing team to ensure adherence to YMCA branding standards when posting, using Y voice, etc. on social media, print, or other forms of communication.
- Creates quality video content for use on social media, Website, YouTube, YMCA events and more. Specifically Recording, Editing, and Publishing video assets for use by the YMCA.
- Gather accurate information and photography for programming.
- Communicate to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Fosters an inclusive work environment.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Assists Camp Counselors as needed throughout the summer.
- Remains on site throughout the summer months to capture various events and support the summer camp team.
- High school diploma or GED required. Enrolled in an applicable college marketing program/course preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One or more years of social media communication for public communication required
- Minimum of six months experience working around children required
- One year experience working in retail preferred
- Creativity, initiative, flexibility, eagerness to serve, ability to involve others, strong verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with guests are necessary.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office, email applications, social media, and the ability to learn other software platforms.
- Photography, Photo Editing/Organizing, and Social Media experience desired