Workplus+ Student Camp Activity Leader
YMCA Camp Kern
*Rate of pay is based on knowledge / training in various activity areas and will increase as training is completed* Activity areas include, challenge course facilitation, lifeguarding, trail ride guide, zip line guide and more.
Provide excellent guest services and work with the Camp Kern team to administer leadership facilitation and programming, weekend programming, support services, and group well-being of the utmost quality. Activity Leaders are encouraged to learn various aspects and programming at YMCA Camp Kern.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Develop effective relationships with guests.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests.
- Assist in year-round group activity leadership and hosting.
- Facilitate and monitor assigned programs to ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Maintain all pertinent equipment and supplies, and maintains equipment records as required.
- Attends required internal and external trainings and in-services to maintain knowledge and certifications.
- Plans, develops, and implements activities for program that meets participants needs and interests
- Demonstrates the characteristics of a positive role model
- Works cooperatively with camp staff to ensure quality programming and correct marketing of activities including ensuring proper activity space, accurate supervision, needed equipment, and other activity needs have been secured
- Builds participant interest and forges relationships through offering activities and topics that are of most interest to participants
- Maintains the quality of supplies, materials, and equipment for the program through cleaning, organizing, and storing properly.
- Possesses working knowledge of child abuse and neglect law and follows proper reporting procedures.
- Responsible for leaving all activity areas as clean, if not better, than when the activity began.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve programs.
- High school diploma or GED required. 6 months guest service, group leadership, or hospitality experience preferred.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current.
- One-year applicable experience preferred, but not required.