School Age and Day Camp Coordinator
Fairborn/Huber Heights. OH
Responsible for the planning, development and monitoring of all activities in school age and day camp programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess high school diploma or GED. Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university required.
- Must be able to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or equivalent as determined by the YMCA Childcare Branch.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with children demonstrating the ability to motivate and supervise staff. Planning and program development skills are helpful.
- 1 year minimum of office administration and customer service required.
- 1 year minimum of supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications.
- Notifies supervisor and reports suspicions of abuse or neglect to appropriate local public service agencies.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Assists in the planning, designing, evaluation and implementation of all aspects of the child care programs in accordance with YMCA of the USA and YMCA of Greater Dayton guidelines.
- Operates program within budget guidelines.
- Responsible for all aspects of program development, quality and safety.
- Maintains required enrollment numbers.
- Administers the program in accordance with Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) guidelines.
- Cooperates with ODJFS staff for required reports and inspections; responds to inspection requests within required timeframes.
- Completes annual inspections within required timeframe with fire department, Department of Health, etc. as required.
- Remains familiar with National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation requirements and develops an ongoing plan and time frame for acquisition and maintenance of NAEYC accreditation.
- Remains familiar with National After School Association (NAA) accreditation requirements and develops an ongoing plan and time frame for acquisition and maintenance of NAA accreditation.
- Maintains appropriate records for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) program.
- Supervises staff to ensure proper completion of CACFP paperwork.
- Maintains records and reports for all grant programs
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment and meets all state and local licensing requirements.
- Ensures staff members maintain required trainings.
- Maintains accurate records for child care programs, facility, and staff.
- Establishes procedures for scheduling and finding substitutes.
- Substitutes in a classroom when needed.
- Communicates to Child Care/Program Director any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Builds relationships with members, program participants and community partners.
- Remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Actively recruits, trains, and engages groups of volunteers.
- Participates on program task teams and child care committees of the Association.
- Attends parent events/family programs.
- Promotes programs by development and distribution of marketing materials in compliance with Association standards.
- Possesses the ability and appropriate safe driving record to drive a vehicle, safely transporting up to 14 children.
- Protects confidential information regarding program participants, families and staff members.