Grand Lake Health/Premier Health North YMCA
Develops, organizes, and implements high quality YMCA Sports programs for youth and adults at both the Grand Lake Health/Premier Health North YMCA .
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Directs, supervises, and monitors youth and adult sports operations and program activities to meet YMCA objectives and adhere to state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Develops, monitors, and effectively forecasts program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Establishes new program activities, increases participation, and expands programming within the community in accordance with Association/Branch strategic and operating plans.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of and participation in the program.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, directs, and motivates personnel and volunteers.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve goals.
- Reviews and evaluates staff and volunteer performance. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Develops and nurtures collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Engages volunteers and assists with volunteer committee meetings.
- Participates and contributes towards the goals of program task teams, and other assigned committees of the Association.
- Conducts referee and officiating duties as needed.
- Conducts and maintains accurate sports records including program registration forms, program stats and attendance rosters, and equipment.
- Creates and schedules youth and adult sports programs and classes.
- Develop and implement youth and family programming as needed.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information. Ensures marketing materials comply with Y branding guidelines and uses Y Voice to effectively tell the YMCA story.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and assists with special events.
- Monitors and assists in the maintenance of a clean and sanitary program and sports environment and meets all state and local licensing requirements.
- Inspects equipment within program and sports areas for safety hazards, damage, or wear.
- Communicates to executive director any suggestions concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Provides excellent member service and follows membership retention practices of the branch, including responding to inquiries/concerns in timely manner, being courteous and giving sincere attention to members, providing positive and regular feedback to program participants.
- Upholds guidelines of Director on Duty responsibilities, remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Holds effective staff meetings.
- A 2-year college degree or applicable experience is required; Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent strongly preferred.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience demonstrating the ability to recruit, train, motivate and supervise staff, as well as the ability to work with committees is required.
- Experience in youth and adult sports program area systems, procedures, and guidelines.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable drivers record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, along with ability to learn the internal YMCA software.