TEEN DAY CAMP LEADER
DAYTON, OHIO AND SURROUNDING AREAS
SUMMER SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT
VERY MINIMAL WEEKEND OR EVENING WORK!
Responsible for providing a quality day camp experience for youth and teens; ensuring their safety and growth in spirit, mind, and body on a daily basis.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Responsible for the welfare and safety of all youth enrolled in the program.
- Assists with planning and implementing program activities.
- Characterize a positive role model.
- Enjoy working with youth and teens.
- Manage the success of the program in regards to the YMCA mission, goals and objectives of the YMCA Teens in Action program.
- Maintain a positive relationship with youth, parents and other staff.
- Aide with program quality and safety.
- Maintain accurate records (attendance, injury reports, grant information, etc.) for the program.
- Protect confidential information regarding program participants, families and staff members.
- Communicate any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up to direct supervisor or to appropriate Branch staff.
- Remain visible to participants when on duty
- Possess working knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws and follow proper reporting procedures including confidentiality in regards to children and families participating in camp.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED certificate required. Associate’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- At least one-year experience working with youth and/or teens. Experience with service learning and the 40 developmental assets preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable drivers record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc