Teen Day Camp Site Coordinator
YMCA of Greater Dayton
Responsible for providing a quality day camp experience for youth and teens; ensuring their safety and growth in spirit, mind, and body daily.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Responsible for the welfare and safety of all youth enrolled in the program.
- Assists with planning and implementing program activities.
- Operates program within budget guidelines.
- Maintains required enrollment numbers.
- Characterize a positive role model.
- Enjoy working with youth and teens.
- Manage the success of the program regarding the YMCA mission, goals and objectives of the YMCA Teens in Action program.
- Maintain a positive relationship with youth, parents, and other staff.
- Aide with program quality and safety.
- Maintain accurate records (attendance, injury reports, grant information, etc.) for the program.
- Monitors and evaluates appropriate staff.
- Ensures staff members maintain required trainings.
- Holds effective staff meetings.
- Know program and staff members’ names and use them when speaking with them.
- Protect confidential information regarding program participants, families, and staff members.
- Communicate any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up to direct supervisor or to appropriate Branch staff.
- Is courteous and gives sincere attention to staff by answering questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Builds relationships with members, program participants and community partners.
- Remain visible to participants when on duty.
- Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc.
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Possesses working knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws and follow proper reporting procedures including confidentiality in regard to children and families participating in camp.
- Uphold guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association, Parent Handbook, and the Day Camp Counselor Handbook.
- Maintains appropriate records for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) program.
- Supervises staff to ensure proper completion of CACFP paperwork.
- Maintains records and reports for all grant programs.
- Maintain appropriate certifications (First Aid, CPR, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Born Pathogens, and any other certifications deemed necessary by the YMCA of Greater Dayton).
- Know and administer the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc.
- Possess working knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws and follow proper reporting procedures including confidentiality regarding children and families participating in camp.
- Protects confidential information regarding program participants, families, and staff members.
- Attend designated trainings and staff meetings.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Youth and Teen Development Director or Management Staff.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess high school diploma or GED. Associates degree or applicable experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of working with teens demonstrating the ability to motivate and supervise staff.
- Experience with service learning and the 40 developmental assets preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable drivers record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors, and suppliers, etc