Looking for some healthy recipes? These dietitian-approved options will be sure to curb your cravings!
If you are looking for guidance on implementing healthier eating habits, working with our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) may be just what you need to reach your health and wellness goals. RDN’s are educated and trained to provide personalized nutrition plans that support your goals to manage conditions like weight, diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
What an RDN can do for you
- Provide individualized nutrition plans and personalized recommendations
- Provide nutrition education and counseling for disease management
- Provide advice in weight loss, diets, meal planning, and grocery shopping
- Provide accountability, support and additional resources to better success
Meet Your Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Amy Tackett, MS, RDN, LD
Amy is a Certified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Personal Trainer. She received her M.S. in Dietetics from Indiana State University and partnered with the YMCA’s of Greater Dayton to fulfill her love and passion for community health and promotion. Amy strives to enrich the lives of others health and wellbeing through food and nutrition. She understands that there is not a one size fits all to nutrition and promotes a balanced and mindful approach to healthy eating.
Phone: 937-223-5201 ext. 1029
Meet with the dietitian for a one-hour session to discuss personalized nutrition. Sessions allow for you and the dietitian to work together in forming an action plan to improve your eating habits through an appropriate and maintainable approach for you. To schedule a session, please contact our dietitian.
Classes / Lunch and Learns
Are you looking to add healthy initiatives into your company or organization? Let the YMCA of Greater Dayton bring nutrition services to you! Our nutrition classes are tailored to meet the needs of your employees or audience to benefit them best in the workplace and in their lives. Contact our dietitian to schedule a nutrition class.
Here's What People Are Saying:
- "Amy Tackett's classes have benefitted me very much. Amy is super knowledgeable as well as very relational. I would tell a friend and have told friends how helpful the YMCA classes with a Registered Dietitian (Amy T.) have been for me and my husband. They have made me more conscious of my dietary needs. I lost the weight I needed to lose!!!” – Barbara
- Amy Tackett presents a superb and effective nutrition program. I followed the nutrition plan presented by Amy Tackett, was faithful to my exercise sessions and lost the 15# that I had set as my 12-week goal. Amy Tackett is knowledgeable, professional and extremely competent in educating others on proper nutrition and always allows adequate opportunity for participant questions, discussion and feedback.” - George
Head over to our blog where you can read articles on nutrition, healthy living and more!
Amy did an interview with Community Rec Magazine all about nutrition!
Please select your location.