A Commitment to Community
A Capital Campaign to build a multi-generation campus for families, senior adults, students, and all residents of Greene County and surrounding communities.
From children playing outside on green fields, students attending classes at a satellite campus, individuals enjoying upgraded fitness facilities to senior adults benefitting from expanded activities, this collaboration promises to enrich all area residents' lives. This multi-generation and multi-function campus offers an easily accessible and convenient location for all surrounding communities and positions the Greene County area as a very favorable place to live.
Project REACH Financial Goal and Your Support
The generous support of land from Project REACH partner Kettering Health Network, offers the opportunity for the leadership of the YMCA of Greater Dayton and Xenia Senior Center to begin their work on their vision.
The construction of the innovative multi-use campus is estimated to cost a total of $16 million. The sources of those funds include New Market Tax Credits, partner leases, grants, and charitable gifts already confirmed. As strong financial stewards, the Xenia YMCA and the Xenia Senior Center seek to raise $1.5 million in private gifts and grants. The New Market Tax Credit includes federal and state allocations authorized by the Dayton Region New Market Fund to finance a portion of the cost of the community building.
- 75,200 square-foot multi-use structure for the region
- 11,000 square-foot space dedicated to the new senior center and 7,000 sq. ft. of shared space within the YMCA
- Enhanced social services and activities for senior adults with improved opportunities for seniors to access the YMCA's state-of-the-art fitness center and Kettering Health Network rehabilitation services
- Expanded service for home-delivered meals to area seniors in larger kitchen
- Increased activities in the Senior Center
- Upgraded YMCA to include a regulation size pool and warm therapy pool
- Two Gymnasiums and a Group Exercise Studio
- Additional programs for children and adults
- Easy access to Kettering Medical Center's new regional facility
- Satellite education classes from Clark State Community College
- Share parking lot for campus activities
View this video by the Dayton Foundation to find out more:
Enhancing the Recreation, Education, Activity, Community, and Health services currently available to the community is the mission of the Project REACH's collaborators.