YMCA School Age Child Care

Open for Enrollment Now!


The YMCA is dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable daycare for children. In the US, the YMCA is the nation's largest provider of child care programs, providing family-centered, values-based programs to nurture children's healthy development. Well-trained staff provide safe, affordable, high-quality care so you can have peace of mind while you work. 

Sign up for YMCA Child Care!

Quality Child Care, you can count on! Open to ages 6 weeks­–12 years. 57 locations to choose from!

Where do I register?

Step 1: YMCA Child Care registrations can be found at each site's web page. Visit our Early Learning, Preschool or School Age Child Care pages to locate the best location for you! The registration links are listed in each individual page.

Step 2: OR call or visit your local YMCA that is offering this program option during our enrollment hours, 6:30am–6pm, Monday–Friday. Space is limited, registrations will be first come, first serve. Families will complete a childcare packet, sign a letter of understanding and an ODJFS Health Form for each program cycle. Additional ODJFS forms will be needed for children with any special accommodations or medication to be administered. 

Staff members are partners with parents and other caregivers, working together to help kids grow up healthy, happy and strong. With a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic enhancement, your child will experience a variety of programmatic and activity options to explore and develop their interests and talents. 

Is child care closed on holidays?

YMCA Child Care closes on the following holidays:

  • Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday)
  • Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
  • New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
  • Memorial Day
  • July 4th-Independence Day
  • 2 Staff Development Days (Spring and Fall)

YMCA reserves the right to add holiday closure dates as needed. The YMCA will attempt to communicate at least 2 weeks in advance for any closures.

How much does YMCA child care cost?

YMCA Child Care costs can be found at each site's web page. Visit our Early Learning, Preschool or School Age Child Care pages to locate the best option for you! The prices are listed in each individual page.

What is the difference between Early Education Care and School Age Care?

Early Education Care is for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years. Our Early Learning sites work from the Creative Curriculum--an educational component with lesson plans that support each child's physical, intellectual, emotional, social and language development. The curriculum is integrated with the Ohio Department of Education Early Learning Standards. School Age Care is for children ages 5-12 years. We provide flexible care options for part-time and full-time. Our program allows for activity choice and provides a well-balanced curriculum (Cincy After School Curriculum) that includes homework assistance, learning new skills and healthy play with peers.

Financial Assistance

The YMCA of Greater Dayton is a charitable, not-for-profit, health and human services organization committed to helping people reach their full potential in spirit, mind and body.

Through generous donations from members and your community, the YMCA is proud to offer Our Extra Hands Program. This provides financial assistance to those in need.

Follow the following steps to apply for our Child Care Scholarships:

Step 1:  Apply for PFCC  (If you are denied, you can proceed with the YMCA Extra Hands Application. You will need to provide a copy of your denial letter from your county.) If you are approved for PFCC, a YMCA Scholarship would not be applicable. 

Step 2: Fill out our Extra Hands Application (YMCA Scholarship)

Step 3: Provide us with 1 Month of Pay Stubs for all adults in your household.

Step 4: Provide your previous year's tax filing (Ex. Federal 1040 with W-2's)

Step 5: Provide a personal letter (written or typed) to the Scholarship Committee. This letter should explain your current situation and express your need for financial assistance. 

Once all 5 of these components are provided to the YMCA Child Care Director, the completed Scholarship Application will be reviewed at the Monthly Child Care Scholarship Committee Meeting. Following this meeting, results are mailed to inform you of the status of your application. 

*YMCA Scholarships cannot be applied retroactively.

Applying for Ohio Public Funds

The YMCA accepts publicly funded child care through the State of Ohio.

The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) helps parent(s) who are working or in school pay for child care through the Publicly Funded Child Care (PFCC) program. 

You may be required to pay for part of your child care in the form of a copayment as determined by ODJFS. The amount you pay is based on your gross income and family size.

Please visit the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services website  for more information or to apply for Child Care Assistance in your county.


YMCA reserves the right to add holiday closure dates as needed. The YMCA will attempt to communicate at least 2 weeks in advance for any closures.


The YMCA reserves the right to adjust rates as needed and will communicate any changes necessary in advance.


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: here, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Wegerzyn Gardens Day Camp Counselor with kids

The YMCA of Greater Dayton also provides various camping opportunities for your children to keep them active in the summer! From Day Camp to Overnight Camp at Camp Kern, your kids are guaranteed to have one of their best summer's ever.

With a focus on friendships, campers spend their days participating in activities they choose, with amazing counselors from all over the world.  Each program is designed with specific age groups in mind, and counselors are trained to not only build campers up, but to encourage and empower them to become more.Take a look at our summer camp offerings below