Child Watch at the YMCA of Greater Dayton
As a YMCA of Greater Dayton member, one of the many benefits family’s love is our Child Watch. Child Watch is a member benefit where YMCA staff care for your child while a parent is on site at the YMCA utilizing our facilities. We know nothing else matters more than the safety, security, and health of your child and our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all the children in our care. Your little ones will have fun in supervised playtime in an enriching environment through non-structured, age appropriate play. Your children can develop social skills while you make time for your own development. Our staff is trained in CPR and First Aid for emergency situations, the environments are clean and healthy, so that you can have confidence that your child is cared for in a nurturing setting each time you visit the YMCA’s of Greater Dayton.
All our Child Watch Attendants believe in the goals, policies and the mission of the YMCA of Greater Dayton; they are 16 years and older (always with an adult 18+) with warm and friendly personalities and relate well to young children. All staff are required to be trained and certified in infant and adult CPR and First Aid. Strict reference and background checks are conducted on all YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Child Watch is for children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old. (Our Trotwood location allows children 3 years to 9 years.) Anyone signing in a child must be age 18+
- 1.5-2 hours of care (based on location). During the time in our care, each child’s parent/guardian is required to remain on site.
- Food, drinks, and personal items such as toys are not permitted in our Child Watch program.
- Infants may be fed if needed. The bottle must be pre-mixed, our staff is not allowed to mix bottles.
- Make sure all diaper bags and bottles are labeled and identifiable with your child’s name.
- All children should be diapered before signing into our care. We do not supply diapers and wipes
- All children must wear shoes /infants must wear socks.
- If your child has been crying for approximately 10 minutes or more, the parent/guardian will be notified.
Sick Child Policy:
Please help us keep our Child Watch program a healthy place for all children. If your child has any of the following symptoms, please do not bring them into Child Watch.
- Runny nose with color discharge
- Fever in the past 24 hours
- Vomiting in the past 24 hours
- Rash of any kind
- Eye discharge
|Coffman Y||Downtown Y|
|Fairborn Y||YMCA at the Heights|
|Kleptz Y||Preble County Y|
|South Y||Trotwood NDC Y|
|West Carrollton Y||Xenia Y|