Call Center Agent
Association Services Office
*This position would be working evening shifts.*
Provides an exceptional Y Experience by engaging members via telephone, web chat or email. As part of the Y’s primary contact team, serves current and potential members who want to register for membership, programs, make adjustments to their accounts or seek other general information about the various programs and services the Y provides.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Uphold the mission of the YMCA and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
- Model the YMCA character and values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility through your actions and conversations.
- Create an awesome Y Experience by responding to telephone, web chat or email inquiries with enthusiasm, care, and tact.
- Utilize Listen First Skills to discover and meet the needs of current and potential members/program participants.
- Effectively utilize YMCA resources and reference material to resolve member issues independently and consistently provide first-call resolution.
- Work individually and as a team to meet/exceed established performance goals (i.e., availability, quality calls, first-call resolution, etc.).
- Document all notes, and actions taken in the appropriate system(s).
- Identify and escalate issues to supervisors, as needed.
- Adhere to scheduled shift start and break times to optimize availability.
- Make the Y a happy place by nurturing positive relationships with members, program participants, volunteers, and staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 2 years of customer service experience required. Previous call center experience preferred.
- Ability to complete YUSA’s Listen First training module.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- A strong commitment to nonprofit, mission-based work.
- Ability to work and communicate in a positive manner.
- Must be able to multi-task, problem solve and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to exercise poise, tactfulness, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
- Exemplifies YMCA values, leadership qualities and professional image.
- Enjoys building genuine relationships and is able to build rapport and credibility quickly. Genuinely cares about helping other reach their full potential.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as well as overtime.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced work environment, strives to meet/exceed performance goals and has passion for the Y cause.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Embraces change and the opportunity to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desired but not required.