Premier Health YMCA
Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA Aquatics programs.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Directs, supervises and monitors aquatics operations and program activities to meet YMCA objectives and adhere to state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Develops, monitors and effectively forecasts program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Establishes new program activities, increases participation, and expands programming within the community in accordance with Association/Branch strategic and operating plans.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of and participation in the program.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, directs and motivates personnel and volunteers.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve goals.
- Reviews and evaluates staff and volunteer performance. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Develops and nurtures collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Engages volunteers and assists with volunteer committee meetings.
- Participates and contributes towards the goals of program task teams, and other assigned committees of the Association.
- Conducts and maintains accurate aquatics records including: program registration forms, program stats and attendance rosters, and equipment.
- Creates and schedules aquatics programs and classes.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information. Ensures marketing materials comply with Y branding guidelines and uses Y Voice to effectively tell the YMCA story.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and assists with special events.
- Monitors and assists in the maintenance of a clean and sanitary program and aquatics environment and meets all state and local licensing requirements.
- Inspects equipment within program and aquatics areas for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Maintains accurate records for aquatics programs, facilities, and staff.
- Communicates to executive director any suggestions concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Increases member and program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- Upholds guidelines of Director on Duty responsibilities, remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A 2-year college degree or applicable experience is required; Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Certification requirements include CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and must hold current YMCA Lifeguard certification (or hold a valid Red Cross Lifeguard certification and attend YMCA Crossover with 90 days of employment).
- One year minimum of supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Two years experience in aquatics programming and systems.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable drivers record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, along with ability to learn the internal YMCA software.