Grand Lake Health/Premier Health North YMCA
$11.00 - $13.20/Hour
Free Certification/Training provided by the YMCA (see below)
Responsible for maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Responds to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. This position will also assist with swim instruction when needed.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Maintains constant observation of the pool area.
- Ensures safety by communicating and enforcing any pool rules
- Ensures safety by checking for hazardous conditions and proper safety equipment
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Maintains and records accurate records including pool chemical readings, supplies, etc.
- Adds chemicals to pool if necessary.
- Maintains a clean environment by following and recording proper cleaning procedures.
- Sets up and stores equipment and assists other employees with event set up.
- Practices rescue and fitness drills regularly.
- Promotes aquatics and other YMCA programs.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the aquatics facility.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Currently hold or the ability to participate in and achieve certification for the following:
- Professional rescuer, First Aid and Lifeguard Certification from the YMCA or Red Cross
Free Certification Training Provided by the YMCA
Certification requirements include CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and must hold current Lifeguard certification through the YMCA or Red Cross.
Passing of the physical competency test includes: 250-yard swim broken-up by various strokes, swim under water 15 feet, tread water for 2 minutes, ability to perform compressions on individuals after diving to the bottom of the pool and swimming 25 yards, climbing out of the pool without assistance.