Grand Lake Health/Premier Health South YMCA
$10.25 - $12.30/Hourly
Responsible for providing excellent and safe instruction, motivation, and support to YMCA members and program participants in programs.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Leads swim instruction sessions in accordance with YMCA standards and guidelines
- Ensures safety by communicating and enforcing pool rules, policies, and guidelines
- Trains participants in a manner that is both demonstrative and professional
- Set up and stores needed equipment
- Begins and ends every session on time
- Takes attendance of class each time class is held
- Provides excellent member service
- Promotes aquatics and other YMCA programs
- Communicates any concerns or incidents to supervisor
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the aquatics facility.
- Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Knows the names of members and uses their names when speaking with them.
- Minimum of six months related swim instruction experience preferred but not required
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Individuals who are 15 years of age may be considered for a Swim Instructor Assistant