Fitness Center Attendant
Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment while monitoring for safety and answering member questions in the Fitness Center
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides proactive support to members and program participants in the Fitness Center.
- Maintains cleanliness of Fitness Center through routine cleaning schedule.
- Remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Communicates and enforces any Fitness Center rules at participants’ comprehension level.
- Promotes wellness and other YMCA programs.
- Responsible for safety in the Fitness Center.
- Inspects equipment within Fitness Center for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the programs within the wellness area.
- Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc.
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions and providing positive and regular feedback to program participants.
- Must be at least 16 years of age to work in the Fitness Center.
- Ability to obtain needed Fitness Center Certifications as required.
- Minimum of six months experience utilizing fitness equipment and/or participating in fitness activities.