Oversee the general maintenance and cleanliness of the branch and grounds at the South YMCA.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Plans, evaluates, and implements all aspects of maintenance and housekeeping at the branch, in accordance with YMCA of the USA and YMCA of Greater Dayton guidelines.
- Develops, implements, and monitors annual budgets for the department.
- Hires, trains, monitors, and evaluates appropriate staff.
- Fills staff vacancies in accordance with association guidelines.
- Establishes procedures for scheduling and finding substitutes.
- Holds effective staff meetings.
- Maintains accurate records for the department, facility, and staff.
- Monitors and assists in maintaining the cleanliness of all areas to meet all state and local licensing requirements.
- Inspects equipment and areas for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Upholds guidelines of Director on Duty responsibilities, remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc.
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Takes an active role in the Annual Campaign.
- Maintains appropriate certifications and records.
- A 2-year college degree or applicable experience is required. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent strongly preferred.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current.
- One year minimum of supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Solid experience in the areas of preventative programs, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, HVAC systems, janitorial/housekeeping procedures, pool operations, procedures, and guidelines.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s
- insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications along with ability to learn the internal YMCA software.