Camp Kern YMCA
Oversees the health and safety of campers and staff.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Oversees the health and safety of campers and staff.
- Oversees the daily operation of Camp Kern’s health center.
- Responsible for medical recordings and distributions in the Main Camp Health Center, along with overseeing the Elk Lodge Facility.
- Responsible for all parent communication regarding camper health.
- Assist in staff training to inform staff of proper health center procedures.
- Distributes camper medications at Main Camp Health Center and oversee Elk Lodge Facility (Ranch Camp).
- On call 24 hours a day, 6 days a week for camper and staff health related emergencies.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Nursing license in the state of Ohio required.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current
- 6 months or more of nursing experience required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable drivers record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and be able to provide own transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, etc.