Assistant Swim Team Coach
Y at the Heights
Huber Heights, OH
$12.15 - $13.50/Hourly
Responsible for providing quality instructional training / coaching to program participants. Persons in this position must closely adhere to the YMCA of the USA guidelines for competitive coaching and swimming.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Assist the Swim Team Director with assigned duties relating design and implement a training plan, supervise swimmers and practices, preparing meet entries, and all on deck activities.
- Assist Swim Team Director with daily practices and swim meets for other groups on a regular basis.
- Assist the Swim Team Director with assigned administrative duties relating to meet and practice schedules, travel, accommodation, planning and other areas as assigned.
- Keep control of behavior of swimmers at all times, and if necessary, communication behavioral issue to parents/guardians.
- Adhere and be on time to all scheduled practices
- Ensures safety by communicating and enforcing any pool rules, policies and guidelines at participants’ comprehension level.
- Keep accurate records on each swimmer evaluating him/her at the beginning and end of the session.
- Communicate effectively to both children and their parents/ guardians.
- Must be able to meet the physical and emotional demands of the job including being able to get into the water for training and instruction.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment. Removing any hazardous obstacles and reporting unsafe conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Provide an emotionally secure environment for participants.
- Have the aptitude and attitude for coaching all ages and levels of swimming ability.
- Give excellent coaching instructions.
- Promote aquatics and other YMCA programs.
- Communicate to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicate any suggestions to improve the aquatics facility.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Certification requirements include CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and a current Lifeguard certification is recommended but not required.
- Twelve months or more of related experience required.
- Must possess quality knowledge of competitive swimming organizations, strokes, starts, turns, and other related skills. Experience with Team Unify software platform preferred.