Various Branch Locations Surrounded the Greater Dayton, Oh Area
$10.25 - $12.30/Hour
SEASONAL - SUMMER
Responsible for planning and implementing activities for the 7th and 8th grade membership program during the summer that reinforce making positive decisions and honoring the core values of the YMCA.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Plans, develops and implements weekday activities for program participants needs and interests
- Demonstrates the characteristics of a positive role model
- Works cooperatively with branch staff to ensure quality programming and correct marketing of activities including ensuring proper branch space, accurate supervision, needed equipment, and other activity needs have been secured
- Accurately documents and maintains daily record of attendance of participating children served and the activity offered for the day
- Builds participant interest and forges relationships through offering activities and topics that are of most interest to participants
- Conduct surveys of youth to assess participant with the guidance of the Branch Executive Director
- Coordinates contests to challenge youth to be successful in areas of interest
- Maintains the quality of supplies, materials, and equipment for the program through cleaning, organizing, and storing properly.
- Effectively communicates verbal (and written if necessary) reports to parents
- Possesses working knowledge of child abuse and neglect law and follows proper reporting procedures.
- Responsible for leaving all activity areas as clean, if not better, than when the activity began.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a background check.
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred.
- Previous work with children in education setting preferred.
- Must be able to use kitchen equipment safely and according to manufacturer’s requirements, along with the ability to assess the condition of food.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to teach children and have healthy nutrition knowledge.