$10.25-$12.30/Hourly Plus Overtime
*The average amount of hours for this position during the peak season time is 40 - 50 hours per week.*
Responsible for teaching natural history effectively.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Teach environmental education, team building, and early Ohio history classes
- Effectively lead large group activities such as games, camp fires, high ropes course, climbing wall, hayrides, canoeing, night hikes, campfire gatherings, and more.
- Assist the Outdoor Education Director with staff trainings
- Assist with program development using the corresponding curriculum materials
- Communicate with all camp departments regarding needs and schedules
- Work effectively as a team member with all Camp Kern Staff
- Learn and teach camp songs
- Coordinate participants in dining hall set up
- Proactively solves problems.
- Maintains all pertinent equipment and supplies.
- Follows appropriate safety guidelines.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the facility and grounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required. 4-Year college degree in Parks and Recreation, Education, Camp Management, or related field preferred.
- Online New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, and Bloodborne Pathogens within 30 days of employment Child Abuse Prevention and Bloodborne Pathogens to be refreshed every 12 months. CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen required within first 60 days of employment and kept current
- Minimum of 6 months educational instruction experience or residential camp experience required.
- 1 year of natural history, outdoor education or adventure preferred.
- Knowledge of fire safety, high ropes course experience, and water navigation preferred.