Responsible for providing a quality nursery/babysitting experience for children, ensuring their safety and enjoyment while parents attend activities in the YMCA.
At the YMCA, We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Ensures the welfare and safety of children attending the nursery program.
- Implements set standards and guidelines.
- Implements age appropriate activities.
- Communicates effectively with members, parents, and staff.
- Displays enthusiasm with children.
- Monitors and maintains accurate records.
- Attends all required trainings.
- Characterizes a positive role model.
- Builds relationships with members.
- Provides excellent member service.
- Maintains facilities through proper use and cleaning procedures.
- Follows appropriate safety guidelines.
- Inspects all equipment used for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates any suggestions to improve the facility and equipment.
- Proactively solves problems.
- Must be at least 15 years of age. (Volunteers and
employees who are minors must be supervised by a staff member 18 years of age or older.)
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Six months or more of related childcare experience preferred.